Meeting announcements: Our May guild meeting will be on Saturday, May 10 from 1:30 to 4:30 at the Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center at the State Fair Park (3000 General Pershing Blvd.). We’re doing inchies this month, and there is no set theme – bring as many as you would like to trade. We will have a raffle next month, so if you won an item in the item last time, bring something next time!
Nance will be presenting our lesson (or lessons) this month – fossils and faux opals! Following is the supply list:
- For fossils: Reptile colors….quarter of a package in each of three or four colors of your choice, plus a small piece of black or brown clay.
- For faux opals: Half a package of silver, half a package of pearl white….and a little piece of black or brown.
- Donna Kato Transparent Liquid Clay OR Mod Podge, or Crystal Accent (made by Ranger and available at Hobby Lobby)
- Mica powder to match colors you chose in clay
- Alcohol ink in yellow
- Good box to bring home your projects safely
- Regular slicers, sculpting tools etc. No need for pasta machines.
- You may want a leaf texture stamp, if you have one.
We will be making a decoration to apply to a trinket box in the future….no need to get one for the project, just one to put the project safely inside for the drive home, in case it is still not fully cured!
NOTE: Construction is still likely on May Avenue next to the fairgrounds. Enter through Gate 5 further south on May, across from Forest Lumber. See this map for reference.