Also, this month is inchies with the theme of Water.
Materials/supplies/tools list for gourd class (Lisa’s part):
- Gourd blank (furnished)
- 1/2 block black clay, well conditioned
- Your favorite color of mica powder
- Fluffy, pouncy brush
- Texture sheets – just bring what you have and we will sort them out in class
- Brayer (or mug)
- Cornstarch – a couple tablespoons will be plenty. Water misters do not work for this project.
- Medium-size drinking straw – unused or cleaned and dried
- Pasta machine
- Work surface
- Index cards
- Long stiff blade
Our meeting will be held November 9th from 1:30 to 4:30 at the Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center at the State Fair Park (3000 General Pershing Blvd.).
NOTE: There is ongoing construction on May Avenue next to the fairgrounds. Gate 3 (the one nearest to the arts center) is completely closed until at least January 2014. Use Gate 5 further to the south, across from Forest Lumber. See this map for reference.