Minutes recorded by Angel
We had 12 members attending the October 10, 2015 meeting. Show & Tell was quite busy with the State Fair entries by our guild members and more! Thanks to Tom the show and tell items are available to view on the guild website.
Angel demonstrated a blending and surface technique in an Aztec / Tribal style.
In the business meeting Angel moved to approve the 9/12/2015 minutes. Jane seconded and the motion passed.
Moving on to the officers reports:
Vice President Connie gave an overview of the upcoming programs:
- November: Decorative Bowls with Penni Jo & Jane
- December: Dirty Santa & Snacks
- January: Light Up Pendant with Lori
- February: Repair Clinic – bring clay items with problems / mistakes and the group will brain storm and offer ideas to repair or improve!
Angela gave the treasurer’s report. We have 25 paid members.
Bottles of Hope coordinator Nance spoke with Penni Jo about her availability in the near future and that it would be best to get a new coordinator. Angel volunteered and will be our new BOH coordinator.
Librarian Jane reports that we received a new book from Julie Picarello, and 8 new molds from Best Flexible Molds!!
Six members brought inchies to exchange.
A major inchies discussion took place. The following schedule came out of said discussion.
January: Winter Inchies
May: Spring Inchies
August: Summer Inchies
October was a raffle month.
- Randee Ketzel Class: The class was a success! Considering travel, lodging, food, classroom and coordination of the class the total cost to the guild was $425.00.
- Deb Hart: Penni Jo spoke about having artist Deb Hart come to Oklahoma for a free demo. PJ has communicated with Deb and she would be willing to come and teach us! PJ suggest we go to her website to check her out. Her class is $45.00 and is longer in timeframe than our regular guild meetings.
Our next regular meeting will be December 12th, 1:30 pm at Oklahoma Contemporary Art Center on the OKC Fairgrounds.