Minutes recorded by Angela
We held our September 12, 2015 meeting at the Moore Public Library, since our regular meeting space was hosting the Oklahoma State Fair. In attendance were 13 members and 2 visitors. We had many beautiful Show & Tell items (see photos here).
Connie presented our lesson, “Tea Light Jack-o-Lanterns.”
During the business meeting, we discussed the following:
Minutes from the 8/8/2015 meeting were approved, Marsha motioned and Katherine seconded the motion.
Vice President Connie gave an overview of the upcoming programs:
- October: Angel – Aztec / Tribal Design Technique
- November: Penni Jo & Jane
- December: Annual Holiday Meeting
- January: Lori – Name Tags
November is an inchies month; the theme is “Fall.”
Angela gave the treasurer’s report. We have 24 paid members.
There was no report from the librarian.
Webmaster Myra reported that she has added the 2016 retreat dates to the website.
There was no Bottles of Hope report, as Nance was not present. Since Nance has other obligations on our meeting days and is no longer able to attend, the group discussed whether we need a new Bottles of Hope coordinator. No decision was made.
- Randee Ketzel Class: The upcoming class, “Jade, Turquoise & Cinnabar.” will be held October 3rd from 9 to 5. Supply lists have been emailed to those enrolled.
- State Fair: Our group will be doing a polymer clay demo at the state fair on September 20, 2-6 p.m. Tickets and parking passes were distributed to those participating.
- Salt Scrub: Those present were encouraged to take home some of the salt scrub left over from the retreat.
- Meeting Places: Connie asked that members keep an eye out for places (churches, libraries, etc.) to hold meetings for those times we are unable to meet at the fairgrounds (such as during the state fair). There was a question about whether the Affair of the Heart in February would conflict with our guild weekend, and if so, whether we should find a different location or reschedule for a different weekend. Angela said she would check on it. Angela also offered to look into a meeting space she had heard about in Midtown.
Reminder: October is a Raffle month. Winners from August were Tom X2, Angela, Laura Connie X2, Penni Jo and Jane. They will bring the raffle prizes.