We had 9 members at the May 2014 meeting. Show & Tell items included texture tools, covered utensils, Bottles of Hope, baby footprint kit, Swelligant pieces, and auction wins from the Fandango retreat.
Nance Ross was our instructor this month. She taught the group how to make bugs captured in faux amber. We had lots of creepy crawlies… and lots of fun! Thanks, Nance.
The business meeting began with a motion from Angel and a second by Jane to approve the March minutes.
Vice President Connie gave an overview of the upcoming programs:
- June: Everybody bring your favorite tool. Penni Jo will also demonstrate using her tools.
- July: Jane – Extruders
- August: Angel – Swelligant
Angela gave the treasurer’s report. We have 21 members.
Librarian Jane talked about the latest additions to our library: the DVD from the 2013 retreat, a HandCrafted magazine from Stampington, Polymer Clay Artist Guide by Marie Segal, and the latest Polymer CAFE.
We discussed last month’s retreat:
- Folks were pleased with our decisions to buy cord covers and hire a clean up crew — said it made Saturday night’s tear-down much easier.
- We got good feedback on the round tables and mats in the classroom. The group agreed we should purchase mats again next year.
- We discussed this year’s changes to the inchies swap (instead of trying to do a formal swap with baggies, retreat attendees approached others they wished to swap with). The consensus was that this made it more casual, and worked as a nice conversation starter.
In new business, we briefly discussed next year’s retreat:
- The 2015 retreat will be the 2nd weekend in April (April 9-11, 2015), in the same location.
- Lisa Pavelka will be our featured teacher.
- Tom will be our retreat director.
Penni Jo also gave a report from the Fandango retreat that she and Cheryl both attended.
Next month will be a raffle month, with Penni Jo, Elizabeth and Connie scheduled to bring prizes.
The meeting was adjourned. Our next meeting will be June 14th at 1:30 at the Contemporary Arts Center on the OKC Fairgrounds.