April 2023 Meeting: String and Chain Pull Art on Polymer Clay
Want to know how this beautiful flower and the other pieces you see here were created on polymer clay? Join us on Saturday, April 15, at 1:30 pm CT for a class on String Pull and Chain Pull Art on Polymer Clay taught by Betty. The meeting will be held at Wesley United Methodist Church, 1401 NW 25th St. (map) Park on the west side and enter through the double glass doors (message us on Facebook for the entry code). We meet downstairs in the basement. There is an elevator for anyone who has difficulty maneuvering stairs. Please contact us if you need help.
Note: Items marked with an * will be provided. Item marked with ** will be available to borrow or purchase for $1.00 ea.
- Sculpey Liquid Polymer Clay – Basics (Clear/White/Black) and Primaries (Red/Yellow/Blue). These are available at Hobby Lobby for $10.99. (If you are on a tight budget and don’t already have these, get the Basics Pack. You can learn the techniques with just those.) Other colors (individual bottles or 3 packs) as desired.
- Pearl Liquid Clay*
- Sculpey Clay Softener
- Prebaked Background – Prepare and bake ahead of time. Bring more than one so you can experiment with the techniques. Make them in the size and shape of your choice rolled out on the thickest setting of your pasta machine. Bake at the recommended time and temp.
- Sewing thread* and/or ball chain*
- Ceramic tile
- Small oven-safe (glass or metal) vessels with flat top and flat bottom to support your piece while working and baking. Could be votive cup, metal condiment cup**, small jar, etc.
- Paper towels
- Popsicle Sticks (narrow – it has to fit in the bottle of clay) or other sticks for stirring liquid clay
- Small cups w/lids for mixing/storing clay*
- Blue Painters tape
- Aluminum foil
- Ball tools
- Work surface