Our next meeting will be Saturday, January 10, 2015 from 1:30-4:30 p.m. in the Contemporary Arts Center at the fairgrounds. Enter from Gate 5, across from Forest Lumber on May Ave.
This is also our raffle month – so if you won something at the last raffle, bring something for this one! Also, registration for our retreat on April 9-11, 2015 is now live – the information and link to the online registration form is on this page.
- A 2 oz. block of base color for the owl. The instructions refer to it as gold but variety is the spice you know.
Yours can be whatever color you like, I think a short Skinner blend might be interesting.
- Some scraps, no more than a 1/2″ ball is needed – Yellow and black for the eyes. Brown, beige or other contrasting colors for the feet and horns (ears?).
- Craft cord – two 12″ lengths ( Tom used AMY Nylon 13+ craft cord and will bring enough for the class)
- Any other embellishments that you might like -mica powder, glitter, findings, jewels, Marquis-cut diamonds, etc.
Tom will bring the (hardware) movement items: Strong thread, paper fasteners, jump ring, eyelet, and a bead (for the pull).
- Your usual clay tools
- Pasta machine for mixing and the clay
- Working surface (a 4×4 ceramic tile works well)
- Craft knife
- Knitting or darning needle or PJ tool to smooth the holes
- Wire cutters