Minutes recorded by Angela and Almond
There were 14 members and 3 guests at our December 12, 2015 meeting. We began the meeting with a “Show and Tell” of the gifts that attendees brought for the Dirty Santa exchange. (Pics here.) Among the gifts were:
- Penni Jo’s notes, leaf pin, and candy cane ornament
- Tom’s candy tin and owl
- Marsha’s fish
- Deborah’s lightbulb penguin
- Connie’s aroma necklace, Mr. and Mrs. Santa cheese knife and ladle
- Cailin’s bowl with gingerbread people and holly
- Elizabeth’s hatching dragon with nest
- Wendy’s altoid tin nativity scene
- Laura’s light-up tree
- Almond’s cottage
- Lee Ann’s bracelet and earrings
- Jane’s angel pin with interchangeable beads
- Angela’s clock and accordion book
- Kay’s bracelet
We enjoyed opening (and stealing) gifts, and everyone went home with something special and handmade. We also feasted on snacks and desserts brought by members. Thank you, Tom, for helping coordinate the gift exchange, and thanks to all who shared food and gifts. (Find pictures of our December meeting in this Facebook album.)
In the business meeting Wendy moved and Laura seconded the motion to approve the 11/14/2015 minutes.
The officers gave their reports:
Vice President Connie went over the upcoming meetings:
- January: Light Up Pendant/Nametag with Lori (optional – bring $4 to purchase a light-up kit)
- February: Fix & Repair Clinic – bring clay items with problems / mistakes and the group will brain storm and offer ideas to repair or improve. Will also feature a BOH lid demo by Connie
- March: Deb Hart demo (maybe)
Angela gave the treasurer’s report. We have 25 paid members.
Bottles of Hope: Connie got some bottles to decorate from Deaconess Hospital. Tom brought one decorated bottle. There was discussion of where to donate bottles going forward, and Deborah mentioned a friend with a connection at the Toby Keith Foundation. She will look into that.
Librarian Jane reported on the new Polymer CAFE and Polymer Arts magazines.
Tom has sent a contract to our retreat teacher. Treasurer Angela asked for a copy. Tom indicated the teacher preferred doing a 1-hour demo instead of a make-and-take, and the group seemed agreeable to that idea. Tom will have a list of donor requests at the January meeting.
We will be electing 2016 officers at our January meeting. The nominees are:
- Penni Jo: President
- Jane: Vice President
- Deborah: Secretary
The following volunteers are willing to remain in their positions:
- Angela: Treasurer (with Lee Ann as Assistant Treasurer)
- Jane: Librarian (with Lee Ann as Assistant Librarian)
- Myra: Webmaster
- Angel: Bottles of Hope Coordinator
- Tom: Photographer
Dues for $24/year will be due in January 2016. Angela will send out a reminder before the next meeting.
January will be both an inchie swap and a raffle month. The inchie theme is winter. The winners from October’s raffle will bring January’s raffle prizes.
Our next regular meeting will be January 9th, 1:30 pm at Oklahoma Contemporary Art Center on the OKC Fairgrounds.