Central Oklahoma Polymer Clay Guild, Minutes for November 20, 2021
The guild met on Saturday, November 20, at 1:30 pm, for the first time in our new meeting place at Crown Heights Church of the Nazarene, 920 NW46TH, in Oklahoma City. Internet access was good, and we were able to log into Zoom for the benefit of several members who could not attend in person. Six were present in person: Betty, Betty’s daughter, Connie, Jane, Mark, and Lee Ann. In addition, four attended remotely on Zoom: Lori, Kathy, Myra, and Shirley.
- Retreat: We will not have another retreat until 2023.
- Lack of attendance and dwindling membership were discussed. Ideas to boost membership were:
- Doing demos – We discussed asking Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and JoAnn’s whether they would allow us to do demonstrations since they all carry polymer clay. It was suggested that Hobby Lobby might allow us to do demos on the sidewalk in front of a store and possibly making it possible for those interested to sign up for membership.
- Placing notices in libraries
- Shirley volunteered to send public service announcements to local NPR stations but said it would be better wait until we begin to have regular programs again.
New Business: There was no new business.
Programs: Jane presented a short Christmas project. We are reluctant to ask people to present programs until our attendance comes back up. Meanwhile, we have been asking everyone to bring something to work on and share tips with other members.