June 2013 Meeting: Inky Dinky Do!!
Ready to make some alcohol inks? ME TOO!!
You will need:
- 91% isopropyl alcohol (any brand), one quart. Available at CVS, Walgreen’s, etc.
- At least 10 pre-baked white polymer circles (or other shape) to glue on top of jar for color ID. Lid is 1-1/2” – Sculpey or any other brand is fine.
- Small, flat plastic container (like a peanut butter jar lid)
- Small, soft paintbrush
- Paper towels or other absorbent rag-type cloth
- Index card to make master list
- Pen or Sharpie
- Box to transport ink home in upright position (baby wipe-type boxes are great)
- Wear old clothes and gloves if you want
- Mica powders – pick a couple of your LEAST favorite ones. They might surprise you. If you don’t have any mica powders, I have plenty to share.
- 1/2 block black clay
- 1/2 block translucent clay
- Pasta machine
- Long blade
I will provide jars with dye for $1.oo each. Empty jars are 1 dime. I will have at least 6 colors plus black. You provide alcohol.
I decided that the way to do this properly is for me to furnish the dye (and I already have the jars) and for the Guild members to pay me instead of having the Guild purchase the dye. Not all members attend all meetings and some might not want more ink. I think it would be unfair to them for the others to get the dye if it were purchased by the Guild.
Since time is kinda short, I want to go ahead and get this out to you members (you know who you are). I may need to add some stuff, but I won’t take anything away from the list.
If you plan to participate, please let me know so I can prepare enough jars. Don’t worry – I have plenty of jars.
The meeting will be held at the City Arts Center (which has recently been renamed the Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center) at the State Fair Park (3000 General Pershing Blvd.) on June 8th from 1:30 to 4:30.