Minutes for May 13, 2017
Minutes submitted by Laura Clarkson
14 Members attended the meeting.
Show and Tell consisted of several Bottles of Hope.
The Program was led by member Betty Bolerjack who shared technique for twisted wire for use in jewelry making.
Jane Linn, VP, shared the future Program schedule:
- Penni Jo and Jane will teach in June
- Chris Crossland and Karen Humphreys will teach in July
- Wendy McKinnon will teach in August
Angela Mabray gave the Treasurer’s report. We currently have 30 paid members. The retreat came out in the black.
Wendy McKinnon, Bottle of Hope Coordinator, reported she has contacted Procure regarding providing Bottles of Hope and they are interested. She has scheduled a Play with Clay with the children at the Toby Keith Center for Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 2 pm. Everyone was invited to participate.
Jane Linn, Librarian, reported this is the month to buy a book. It was moved by Angel and seconded by Wendy to purchase the Complete Guide to Making Wire Jewelry.
Retreat 2017 – Tom is currently reviewing the surveys. Stated there are some issues we will need to address. Need to begin planning now for next year and identify whom we would like as a guest artist. Members were requested to be thinking about this for the discussion.
- Discussed having an all day class in October and it was suggested we see if Ginger Davis might be available for this.
- Angela M. shared the Thank You card the Guild received from the Mustang Library for the Polymer Clay display at the Library in March.
Next drawing will be in June: Penni Jo, Laura and Angel won the last drawing.
Next Inchie swap will be in July with a Summer theme.