Connie Farrell will present our demo this month on decorating serving utensils. The list of materials, tools and tips are below. March is raffle month – those who won last time, please bring your raffle items this time!
- 2 oz. block of clay in color of your choice
- Pasta machine
- Etch ‘n’ Pearl tool
- Blade/X-acto knife
- Rubber stamp of your choice (see tips below)
- Large serving utensils with plain handles
- Spray bottle with water
- Paper towels
- Acrylic paint for antiquing
- Small paintbrush
- Circle cutters (see tips below)
Tips from Connie:
- The stamp used in the sample was ordered from Rubber Stamp Plantation (Mayan sun tile), $7.50 plus shipping If you don’t want to order this stamp, you can share mine or use a different one.
- I used circle cutters ranging from 1/2″ to 1-3/4″.
- Colors used in the sample: Sculpey III Renaissance brown metallic clay with black antiquing.
- My utensils came from Dollar Tree.
The link to the handout from JoAnn’s is here.
NOTE: Construction is still likely on May Avenue next to the fairgrounds. Enter through Gate 5 further south on May, across from Forest Lumber. See this map for reference.