Lisa will be teaching the Ikat cane. She has been playing with clay for many years. In fact, she was claying before claying was cool. Lisa is very knowledgeable and innovative about polymer clay projects.
- Pasta machine
- Extruder with small square disc
- Brayer or equivalent
- Long blade
- Round cookie cutter -larger than 1 inch
- Small cutter or soda straw
- Tile or other surface to work on
- Cards for baking
- Clay- 1/2 package of two different high contrast colors. Also about 1/4 pkg of one of the two colors for backing for pendant. (Black with a pastel or white or white with a dark color or black are good for color choices)
- Have clay conditioned before class to save time.
If there’s time, Lee Ann will show another technique which will require a 1/2 package each of two colors to make skinner blend.
October is raffle month, so bring a few extra dollars if you want to participate! Tom, Cheryl, Lori, and Kay will bring items for the raffle.
Thanks to all who participated in the fair demo. Job well done on your fair entries! We have some amazing talent in our group and please bring your entries to the Oct. meeting ( with or without ribbons) so everyone can see them.
The meeting is back at the City Arts Center this month on October 13, 2012 from 1:30pm to 4:30pm.