Minutes recorded by Angel
We had 12 members and 2 visitors at the July 11, 2015 meeting. Show & Tell items included Fourth of July inchies from 6 members, BOH with herringbone cane taught at our last meeting, Helen Breil style pendant, Best Flexible Molds new additions, earring, and a new Premo color Golden Glitter! Lori also brought many samples of artwork from her Mixed Media cruise / Bead & Button show. On the cruise Lori entered a drawing for guilds with the prize being a goody bag, and won! After some discussion we decided to lay the contents out and draw numbers for choosing an item.
This month Kay demonstrated shape and texture earrings. The demonstration was organized with clear written directions and pictures. Thank you Kay!!
During the business meeting, we discussed the following:
Minutes from the last meeting were approved, Laura motioned and Jane seconded the motion.
Vice President Connie was not in attendance so Penni Jo gave an overview of the upcoming programs:
- August: Jane & Penni Jo – Light Switch Plate Cover w/ glow in the dark clay
- September: Connie – Tea Light Jack-o-Lanterns Note: September Meeting To Be Held At The Moore Library
- October: Angel –
- November: Instructor Needed
November is an inchies month, the theme is Fall.
Angela gave the treasurer’s report. We have 23 paid members.
Librarian Jane indicated that we received the back issues of Polymer Arts. She asked for suggestions. Angel asked about purchasing some Best Flexible Molds. The group discussed this option and thought it would be a great idea! The details of this are being worked out.
Web Master Myra was not present.
Bottles of Hope coordinator Nance was not present. Angel brought bottles for covering.
- Randee Ketzel Class: Penni Jo spoke about Randee Ketzel’s upcoming class, “Jade, Turquoise & Cinnabar.” The class will be held October 3rd from 9 to 5, and the cost will be $70, which will include Randee’s $65 class fee plus $5 toward a box lunch. Those interested in attending should contact Penni Jo to sign up. Class fees (cash or check made out to Central Oklahoma Polymer Clay Guild) must be paid by August 8th.
- 2016 Retreat: Tom has been working on the schedule for the 2016 retreat. Adjustments to the schedule are necessary to allow for more class options. Jane suggested the guild members be given an early registration option one month before regular registration opens on the website. Angela indicated that Eventbrite could help with this.
Reminder: August is a Raffle month. Winners from June were Marsha, Tom, Angel, Victoria, Debbie and Angela. They will bring the raffle prizes!!
Our next regular meeting will be August 8th, 1:30 pm at Oklahoma Contemporary Art Center on the OKC Fairgrounds.