Minutes for December 14, 2019 meeting

Minutes for the December 14, 2019 Meeting:

Called to order at 1:40 pm by President Betty Bolerjack

Nine members were in attendance.

SHOW AND TELL:

 

PROGRAM:

Annual Christmas party took place in Betty Bolerjack’s home.  Thank you, Betty!

 

BUSINESS MEETING:

Minutes of the November 9, 2019 meeting were approved.  Roe volunteered to record the minutes today.

Program Schedule:

January —  Bottles of Hope

February —  LeeAnn  —  Vase Form Molds

March —  Betty  —  Roses

Treasurer  —  LeeAnn Kelley

Membership:  26 paid members

Treasurer’s report was approved and accepted.

Bottles of Hope  —  Tom will provide all the bottles needed for our January meeting.  Be thinking about ideas!

Betty gave a Bottle of Hope to a friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer.  Her friend was greatly encouraged by this small gesture.

Jane suggested that we consider providing Bottles of Hope to doctors and nurses who then in turn could pass them on directly to patients.

Librarian  —  Jane Linn:  Tenth Muse Art is closing this business (due to do health issues).  With the remaining subscription that we hold we decided to purchase a copy of,  “Polymer Art Projects Organic.”  This purchase will close out our subscription.

Party Planner:  Connie Farrell

Old Business:

Retreat:  Tom Gibson – Two volunteers are needed to review and make food selections from menus provided by the retreat staff for our upcoming event.  Betty, Jane, Connie and Roe have volunteered.  Menus will be reviewed and selections will be made in the next few months.

It is time to send out company sponsorship letters for the upcoming retreat.  There was discussion on what is the most effective way to solicit donations, sponsors and promotional items.  It was determined that a thorough review of previously targeted businesses should take place.  Tom will make sponsor lists available to some members for review in the hopes of possibly expanding this list.  Connie and Angel volunteered to mail out solicitation letters.

Domain:  Betty reported that the transfer of our domain is now complete.

New Business:

 

Announcements:

Betty needs nominations for upcoming officer elections for both President and Vice President positions.  Elections will take place at our January 2020 meeting.

No news on the construction status of the Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center.

There was discussion on the need to increase Guild membership.

Drawing:  There will be a drawing at our January meeting.  Drawing items should be provided by Betty, Tom and Roe (November meeting winners).

Inchies:  Next inchie swap will be January 2020.  Theme:  Winter.

Next Meeting:  Saturday, January 11, 2020, location TBA.

Submitted by Roe MacDurmon