This month, at a new time & new location, Penni Jo Couch and Sue Kerr will be showing us how to make an Explosion Accordion Folded Album with a polymer clay cover.
Penni Jo and Sue were some of the very first members of the Central Oklahoma Polymer Clay Guild. Penni Jo creates beautiful designs — with works ranging from her molded designs for Sweetbrier Studio to her fantastic jewelry at her new Etsy shop. Sue has expertise in a variety of mediums — like quilting and rubber stamping — and uses that background to do very creative things with polymer clay.
Here are the meeting details:
* When: NEW TIME! Saturday, July 14, 2007, 2:00 – 5:00 p.m.
* Where: NEW PLACE! The new Hobby Lobby in Norman, 2417 W. Main, Norman, OK. (The classroom is up front, near the check stands. Go right after entering & it’s the first door on the right.)
* What to Bring:
* Clay: Approx. 3 blocks for the 4” album
* Wax Paper
* Pattern paper: Can be regular paper or tracing paper
* Texture sheets (or other texture makers like lace, fabric, etc.)
* Tissue blade
* Sharp Kraft knife
* Pasta Machine or brayer
* Clear UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel)
* Charm, tiny photo, or other item (to embed in UTEE)
* Baking surface: Two tiles or two pieces of cardstock large enough on which to bake each cover. For the large cover you will need two approx. 8” square tiles or cardstock. For smaller cover, you will need at least two 6” tiles or cardstock
* Ribbon or Cord: Matching Ribbon for ties: Small Album – 24” of 1/2” ribbon. Large album – 28” to 30”
* Glue: Glue stick or PVA glue to glue the cardstock pages together; E-6000 or Weldbond glue for polymer clay
* Album Pages: Three square sheets of double sided cardstock. Can be printed or plain paper. Use 8.5 by 8.5 inch cardstock for small 4 1/4” pages. Use 12 by 12 inch cardstock for large 6” pages. You may use three colors of paper or three sheets of one color for the pages
Penni Jo mentioned she has a large bottle of UTEE she can share. She also pointed out that Hobby Lobby has a 40% off coupon on their website this week — so if you need any of these supplies, come early & get ’em at a discount.
Hope to see you there!
Update: Here’s instructions for the project — if you want to get started before-hand, Penni Jo suggests pre-conditioning your clay and/or doing the paper-folding: Explosion Album Instructions [PDF]