Our next meeting will be Saturday, July 11, 2015 from 1:30-4:30 p.m. in the Contemporary Arts Center at the fairgrounds.
We will have an inchie swap this month, with a red/white/blue, 4th of July, or summertime theme.
Kay McKinnis will be showing us how to make earrings this month. Sounds like fun!
- 2 – 1/4 segments of clay. These can be 1/2 segment of one color or 1/4 segment of 2 colors.
- Gloss finish – PYM II or Lisa Pavelka’s Satin Gloss (Kay has a large can of PYMII to share)
- 2 – Earring findings, the sample shows pierced earrings (Kay will bring gold and silver to share)
- 2 – Jump rings, to match earring color (Kay will bring some in gold & silver to share)
- 2 – 2″ head pins (Kay will bring some of gold and silver)
- 6 – 3mm silver or gold beads (Kay will bring those)
- 2 – 6mm or 8mm pearl beads (Kay will bring white pearl beads)
- ANY VARIETY OF SMALL/VERY SMALL, TEXTURE-PATTERN MAKERS
- Texture pads with small patterns (Best Flexible Molds, Sculpey, or Lisa Pavelka are good sources)
- Sculpey cutters/shapers – small squares and small circles
- Frosting tip – round 1/2″ diameter (not sure what number it is)
- Ruler for trimming the 1 -1/4″ square to 1″ square ( 1″ square cutters are rare to find)
- Jeweler’s pliers with very small tips
- A sharp pointed tool for creating small holes in clay