UPDATE 1/8/16: Lori is having back trouble and won’t be able to present her project this month, so we will switch to our planned February topic instead, and Lori will do her lighted snowflake pendant next month. So, for tomorrow’s meeting, pease bring any items you have that are broken or are “failures” so we can brainstorm together how to salvage or fix them. This will also be a good time to ask questions. Connie will do a short demo on Bottle of Hope tops. Sorry for the late notice – hope to see you tomorrow!
Happy New Year!
Our next meeting will be Saturday, January 9, 2016 from 1:30-4:30 p.m. in the Contemporary Arts Center at the fairgrounds.
Lori Luli will show us how to make a blinking snowflake pendant, incorporating LED lights for a high-tech effect. Lori will have lights available for the pendant for $4.00 – please bring cash for this, as well as for our raffle this month. This is also inchies month – bring your Winter-themed inchies to trade!
- Translucent clay
- Blue clay (or whatever color you want your snowflake on) mix your color ahead of time
- White, pearl, and/or glitter white clay
- Pasta machine
- Small snowflake or petal flower cutter Snowflake-small… guessing 1 to 1.5 inch. Could be any 6-sided cutter.
- Large oval cutter (or freehand the outer shape) – 4-5 inches. Could also be rectangle or trapezoid (it’s the base/background).
- Other clay shaping tools as desired