Minutes recorded by Angela.
We had 14 members at the March 14, 2015 meeting.
Penni Jo called the meeting to order, and we started with “Show & Tell.” Penni Jo brought a new mold and a necklace with dragonflies. Jane, Elizabeth, Tom, and Angel brought Bottles of Hope. Angel also brought her completed container from last month’s lesson. Wendy brought a beautiful platter made by artist Angie Wiggins.
During out business meeting, we discussed the following:
Previous meeting minutes (2/14/2015) were approved, with a motion by Marsha, seconded by Deborah.
Vice President Connie gave an overview of the upcoming programs:
- April: Retreat (no meeting)
- May: Instructor Needed
- June: Earrings with Kay
- July through November: Instructor Needed
Raffle: In May, we will have our raffle! The March winners (Laura, Angel, Penni Jo and Kay) will bring the raffle prizes.
Inchie swap: Our next inchie swap will be in July. The theme is intentionally broad — summer, summer holidays (America, red/white/blue), vacations, etc.
Angela gave the treasurer’s report. We have 23 paid members, including Ruth who re-joined during today’s meeting. Kay and Jane moved to accept this report.
Nance, our Bottles of Hope project coordinator, was not able to attend.
Librarian Jane told us about the Spring 2015 issue of The Polymer Arts magazine, which should be arriving in our library soon. Our very own Penni Jo has an article in this issue! Angela reported that she mistakenly allowed that magazine subscription to lapse some time back, and asked whether the group would like to purchase back issues. Tom moved and Marsha seconded that we purchase the back issues the next time we add to our library.
Old Business: Penni Jo sent around photos of Randee Ketzel’s class options. Members who plan to attend the class voted on their top choices, with the final selection being “Jade, Turquoise & Cinnabar.” The class will be held October 3rd from 9 to 5 (setup at 9:00, class to start at 9:30, clean up at 4:30). The group discussed where to hold the class; Angela will contact Oklahoma Contemporary Art Center for availability and costs. We will also look into box lunch options.
- State Fair: Angela reported that the creative programs manager from the Oklahoma State Fair contacted the group about doing a demo September 20, 2-6 p.m., during this year’s fair. Angela asked whether the group was interested in demo-ing again. Several members were interested, and expressed no problems with the proposed date.
- Retreat: The retreat goody bag stuffing party will be March 28th, 1:30-4:30, at Jane’s house.
- Tom reported that he spoke to the church regarding retreat setup. According to Terry, they will have someone there Wednesday starting at 6:30, to help us set up tables, etc.
- There are 30 registrants. Both of Lisa Pavelka’s classes are full. Connie has lined up plenty of demos. Tom has received lots of donations for our goody bags, auctions, and door prizes. If there are any donors that aren’t already listed on our website, please let Myra know so we can recognize them properly.
- Connie talked about the hand scrub she and Angel have been working on for the retreat and the goody bags. Connie is donating the essential oils. Lori moved and Jane seconded that the group reimburse them for the other ingredients and for the containers.
Following the business meeting, group members shared some ideas and inspiration for inchies. Tom showed his dragon eye cane inchies, and Connie took us step-by-step through the creative process for her retreat inchies. Members spent the remainder of the meeting time working on their retreat inchies. We also enjoyed demos from Penni Jo (molding a dragonfly), Kay (NEVERknead machine), and Lori (D.R.E.A.M machine).
The meeting was adjourned. There is no meeting in April because of our retreat, which will be held April 9-11. Our next regular meeting will be May 9th, 1:30 pm at Oklahoma Contemporary Art Center on the OKC Fairgrounds.