Our next meeting will be on July 12, 2014, from 1:30 to 4:30 at the Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center at the fairgrounds. This is also inchie month, with the theme of Red, White & Blue.
- Choose 4-8 colors clay, 1 (one) ounce each making sure that you’ve included sufficient light, dark and medium values. The value (lightness or darkness of color) is needed to achieve a satisfying result. If at all possible, please condition all of your clay (in advance) to same condition and bring in sheets rolled out on thickest setting on your pasta machine.
NOTE: you may use more than one ounce of clay to test the design. As little as ½ ounce (one fourths of a block) will work fine. The most important color you will need is the color that will cover the extruded clay. The cover color shown on the knife project was silver.
- Choice of project that is simple enough to complete in a short time (bring needed materials for it): Bottle of Hope (small glass bottle under 4 inches), light switch cover ( bring a switch plate), tool like the knife shown or X-acto knife, etc. (bring desired tool), pendant or beads (bail, bezel, wire, eye pin, or bead wire)
- Extruder (Hobby Lobby, and Michael’s carry Makin’s and/or Walnut Hollow). If you don’t have one and not sure you want one, members that have more than one have offered to bring them to loan.
- 2 tooth picks
- Pasta machine
- Acrylic roller
- Thin blade
- Craft knife or X-acto
- Work surface
- Any of your favorite tools – you never know……
- 3/4“ round cutter
- If you have one of the nice mokume gane slicers (Simple Slicer), please bring it!
NOTE: Construction is still likely on May Avenue next to the fairgrounds. Enter through Gate 5 further south on May, across from Forest Lumber. See this map for reference.