Hello Clayers, it’s that time again! Our next meeting is this Saturday, **November 13th, 2010, from 1:30-4:30, at the Hobby Lobby on I-35 and South 19th in Moore (2650 Service Road, Moore, OK 73160 ).** We are in for another exciting class from Angela on Faux Enamel & other fun metallic stuff. I’ve been looking forward to this class and know Angela will teach another out of the ball park class!
Angela will be showing one way to do faux enamel with polymer clay — making your own molds, then using Pearl Ex powders, liquid clay, and alcohol inks to achieve a beautiful result. She’ll share ideas for using this technique to create a variety of quick
Christmas decorations and gifts. In addition to the faux enamel, Angela will also demonstrate a technique that uses many of the same materials but achieves a completely different result.
* Rubber stamp(s) to use for creating molds. The best rubber stamps for this technique have large-ish open areas, completely contained by surrounding lines (something to hold the “wells” of liquid clay). Flower stamps often work great, as the petal areas tend to be open and surrounded by lines. (Angela will have lots of extras if you don’t have one that works.)
* Spray bottle filled with water
* Clay knife or blade
* Tile or index card for baking
* Extra ceramic tile or plastic cups for mixing liquid clay colors
* Metallic colors (i.e., gold, silver, copper) of Pearl Ex (or similar brand) powders
* Kato Clear Liquid Polyclay
* Alcohol inks
* Gloves (if you’re concerned about alcohol inks staining your fingers)
Once again, Polyform has generously offered to sponsor the meeting by providing the group’s clay. Thanks, Polyform! And Angela has extras of everything, so don’t feel the need to go out and buy anything… that is, unless you’re just looking for an excuse to go shopping!
This month will be our Raffle so everyone bring something for it. The winners of the September raffle should provide items for the raffle. They were Penni Jo and Shirley.