Our September meeting will be in the Story Time Room at the Moore Public Library (225 S Howard Ave, Moore, OK) instead of our usual meeting place, due to the State Fair. For those unfamiliar with Moore, here is a map.
Connie will present our project for this month – a jack-o-lantern illuminated with an electric tea light.
- 2 oz. of orange clay
- 1/4 of green or brown for stem
- Cutting blade
- Paper tape measure (to measure around body of pumpkin)
- Craft knife (to cut out face)
- Round cutter 1 3/8 or 3 1/2 mm to get clean cut on bottom
- General clay tools (to make ridges and indentions)
- Pasta machine to make flat sheets of clay (orange sheets you can bring already done. setting on #2 with 0 being the thickest. Needs to be wide enough to cover from top to bottom and go all the way around body)
- Work surface
- Magic noodles (Connie will bring these)
- Battery tea light (available at Dollar Tree). If you want it helps you know how big around pumpkin needs to be.
- Box to carry your project home – we have no oven this time.