Minutes for the June 2021 Meeting

Minutes for June 13, 2021

 The following items were discussed and/or decisions made:

  • The meeting was held at Betty’s house, with four members present (Connie, Betty, LeeAnn, and Jane), and six on Zoom (Tom, Penni Jo, Myra, Lori, Kathy,  and Shirley).
  • RESTARTING REGULAR MEETINGS: The group voted that our 2021 season will officially begin on  July 10, when we will meet at  Betty’s house. That meeting will be accessible on Zoom.
  • Treasurers Report: Lee Ann gave the Treasurer’s Report. We have no paid members at this point.
  • DUES: It is time for members to pay dues. The amount will be prorated for half the year, which is $12. This can be done either on our website or by sending Lee Ann a check. For instructions for paying dues, see the detailed email, “Instructions for Paying Dues,” sent by Betty on June 13.
  • MEETING SPACE: Jane volunteered to investigate whether classroom meeting space is still available at Hobby Lobbies. Connie asked that any location chosen be centrally located to make it convenient for all.  In the meantime, the group will continue to meet at Betty’s house.
  •  ZOOM: Meetings on Zoom may not continue indefinitely, and will only be available as long as it is convenient for Betty to provide that access.  If we  move to a different meeting place, there might not be Wi-Fi, so meetings may have to be in person only.  Also, if we meet at a new location, it might be too difficult  for Betty to bring all of the equipment  she needs for Zoom.
  • OFFICERS: The guild has several office vacancies, and Connie has asked that members step up and volunteer in order to keep the guild going. Jane will ask Penni Jo if the two of them could work together to act as program chairmen. Shirley will continue as secretary as long as meetings are accessible on Zoom. We need a Retreat Chairman.  Tom is willing to be on the committee, but he can no longer be the chair.
  • STATE FAIR: Our demo is scheduled for Sept. 19, from 2-6 pm.  Let Connie know if you will need tickets to get in. We will let the fair staff provide the judges this year, but we will let the director know that we may want to provide our own judges at some point in the future.
  • RETREAT: we decided not to schedule a retreat for 2022,  but we will resume in 2023. A teacher and a location will need to be found. Tom brought up the possibility of changing the month for our retreat, as April is a busy month for polymer clay events. No decision was made.
  • FALL WORKSHOP: Jane mentioned the possibility of holding a fall one-day retreat at the senior center in Maysville.  We will discuss this further in future meetings.
  • CHANGING  OUR MEETING SCHEDULE: We discussed changing our regular meeting day, possibly to the third Saturday of each month, due to conflicts a few members have. No decision was made.

 

Submitted by Shirley Conaway