Update 1/12/12: We are cancelling today’s meeting due to winter weather. Our apologies!
Well, here we are starting a new year already! May you be healthy and happy in 2013.
This month, Lori will be teaching us how to make fabulous faux fossils. She sent the supply list from memory while she was out of town. If she thinks of anything else, she’ll let us know.
- 1/2 to 1 block Bake & Bend. I will have some extras.
- One or more leaves or leaf clusters. Smaller than the palm of your hand works best.
- Flat cab base 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick (roundish or angular, whatever floats your boat), already baked — scrap clay is fine.
- 1/2 block clay, black, ecru, or other rock color.
- Dark color acrylic artist paint — black, browns… “dirt colors” — I will bring some.
- Mica powder. I will bring some.
- Pasta machine
- Work surface
- Paper towel or handi wipes
- Water spritzer
Tips: Crunchy leaves probably won’t work. Silk leaves will probably add a fabric texture to your fossils. Thick stems don’t work well.
I think they have renamed the Bake & Bend — don’t know the new name. [Myra’s note: It’s called PolyFlex Bake & Bend on the Polyform website.]